It has been a long time since I last used this blog, and it has caused me quite a headache trying to remember the login information, but I finally found it and so can say this.
Now that all of our orientations are over, this feels much more real. This past weekend I enjoyed the Rotary District Conference at the Turning Stone Casino and Resort. It was really great. Not only did I get to Hang out with the in and out bound exchange students, play cards, swim, and eat great food, but I met some very interesting Rotarians.
On the last night there, I sat at a table with three couples of Rotarians. Among them there was at least one teacher, a pilot, and I cant remember how the others were employed. They were really nice and fun to be around. The first people I sat with on the first night were great. One of the couples last name was Champagne, but I cant remember the other couple's and man's names. These people were very kind, getting the exchange students at their table desserts and offering us sodas and things.
Other than the great food and company, I enjoyed listening to the speakers that weekend, from the GSE teams (Group Study Exchange Teams) to the general talks and announcements. One of the Sergeants at Arms would do the announcements, always including a humorous one about rescue dog teams and keeping your name tags and a dog treat on you at all times. During lunch on the second day the GSE team which had just gotten back from South America told all about their adventures, which were extremely fascinating. The second day, I took a break from signing shirts and listened to a little thing about Shelter boxes, which are used to help disasters, natural and other (to learn more about these awesome things, visit shelterboxusa.org).
Finally, my favorite part was spending time with all of the exchange students. Signing the shirts was the biggest group activity, but when we would wait for meals to start we had fun talking and sitting in the cushy armchairs outside the room we ate in. finally, Saturday night, I went swimming with Peter Kulacs, Cassidy Miskovits, TJ Dukes, Brooke Anderson, and we played with a Frisbee and foam heart, tossing them around with some random kids who were there.
So, until next time I have something I feel is worth saying, do zobaczenia.
No comments:
Post a Comment