So, yeah, it has been a long time since I have done this... lets hope I remember how to do it! I now realize that I never told you what classes I take in school. now, it depends on the day what classes I have, but overall, I take Math, Economics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, History, Geography, Social studies, English, French, Polish Lit., PE, Technology, Culture Studies, and Civil Defense. Other than the classes and scheduling (your schedule changes every day), Polish school is different because they only have three years of high school, and you have to buy all of the books you need that year yourself. there are no school textbooks. Language books are the worst as they are very expensive, but often you can buy second-hand course books for the other subjects. Now, lets see, what cool and unusual things have happened to me...
Two failed attempts at joining a choir (I haven't given up yet). first, I went to what I thought was my choir, and found out that it was a Youth, youth choir, with only voices from Alto to Soprano, with Mezzo Soprano in there as well. The next week I arrived only to learn that the choir I was trying to be in had practiced 3 hours earlier. So, hopefully this weekend will be the day that I finally get into a choir.
I have met more interesting people than I can count, but I have now formally met 5 English speaking people visiting from other countries and 1 from Poland, and informally met who knows how many. the first person I met was a Scottish man I met on the tram, who gave me change for a 10 złoty bill because I needed to buy a ticket from the machine and didn't have enough change. The next people I met were three people (in a larger group of about 20) who were from all over the world, who were here for a conference of some sort (I think the company was Lycamobile). Finally, most recently I met a group of three women (I only formally met two of them, the third was buying tram tickets or something for them) who were from all over, but the two I met were from Norway and Canada.
I have been on a school trip to the old town to learn about Stefan Zeromski, the person our school is named after. I have visited Old town with my family. I have seen the fountain show (It was pretty cool. At times they used a spray of water to make a projection screen). I have celebrated my host mother's, host brother's and host Grandfather's birthdays, all with delicious food and cake. I saw Turbo in 4D (the seats moved and there were small, irritating jets of air) with my host family.
I am not sure what else to include. Until next time (whenever that may be).
~Robert
Robert - I don't know how you can keep up with all those classes!! The amount of homework must be staggering! Keep at it with the choir and I am sure it will work out. You have a beautiful voice and I know you will be an asset to the choir. I am happy that things sound like they are going well in Poland. How is language coming? Can't wait to hear you talking in Polish :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
hi Robert! I finally managed to get to your blog! It sounds like your host family is wonderful! I loved reading about what you've been doing and what you've been studying. I know you like all those science classes (who wouldn't?) but I'll bet the Polish lit. class is as interesting as it is challenging. write soon, LG
ReplyDelete