We:
- Visited Town Hall, where we saw an interesting presentation on Bydgoszcz(BID-gosh-ch) and met some government workers
- Saw a play (Which, due to it being on the Third day I was in Poland, I sadly slept partway through because of jetlag) about Marlene Dietrich
- Visited an ancient Polish settlement called Biskupin(bih-skoo-PEEN)
- Toured ToruĊ (TOE- rroon)
- Had Polish classes in the hotel and PE classes at an Orlik (not sure if it spelled correctly) (an area for kids to play basketball, tennis, football (NOT american Football), volleyball, etc.)
- Played "Urban Games"(aka, walked around Bydgoszcz for hours taking pictures of famous things)
- Went on a boat tour of Bydgoszcz (not much of a tour, few things to point out, and the majority of the students would not stop yelling at pedestrians. However, the few of us who were good were feeding ducks, or Kaczki, and talking with the chaperones)
- Went to a grocery store twice
- Had two barbecues
- Celebrated my 16th birthday (aka, ate cake and stayed up late)
- The last night we had an awesome dance
I cant think of what else. Anyways, since I have been back from the language camp I have seen two movies, introduced my family to the Lorax, had my first day of school (aka, two hour orientation that I understood very few words of), saw my host families house they are fixing up, and got to see an 1800's fortress built by the Russians. Today I have no school, I am guessing because of testing. I'll write again relatively soon.
Robert
Wow! You have done and seen so much in just a few weeks! I hope that language camp was helpful and that you will begin to learn more everyday. Have you thought about setting your language on the computer to polish? That might be a good thing to do. It would be challenging but would help get you constantly thinking polish. Enjoy your day off from school :) Hey, maybe you could practice trumpet?.... Any chance you will get to play in a group while you're there? Okay, last question - what are your classes for school? I love you!!
ReplyDelete